Harmony Singer 2 auto gain issue

1. #1 by Tõnis Tarkus on 09-22-2017

Harmony Singer 2 auto gain issue

Hello,

Purchased Harmony Singer 2 for myself and it was great until first live gig. In the middle of the show suddenly unexpected distortion happened and it was really shocking. I dont know why but when i turned the unit off for some seconds and then back on the issue was gone. Back home i was unable to replicate this issue myself and went on for the next live and it happened again on live performance when this distortion kicked in unexpectedly. This also happened on the third live and after that i was not using this unit anymore.

Looking around the internet i found multiple posts from other users with the same awkward distortion issue. So i'm not alone. It seems that the Auto Gain has issues. (Not only for Harmony Singer 2 but some posts were also for other Stompbox units which have Auto Gain)

I really do like all the other features/options this unit provides but i cannot use it because i never know when this Auto Gain goes bananas.

I dont know what to do now.. Should i send this back to warranty? Is there a firmware upgrade maybe coming? (Checked that last firmware update was December 2016) Can this be replaced with Harmony Singer 1 which has manual mic gain?
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 10-27-2017
    My recommendation is to try the pedal with a different power supply. We are currently investigating this issue and have narrowed it down to power, some supplies cause this and some do not. Expect an official post about this next week once we know more, but for now give another supply a shot and see if it's okay.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
    (Warranty Statement, TC Dealers, Service Centers)
  3. #3 by Spencer Larsen on 10-30-2017
    Hey Tõnis,
    Just to follow up with my last post - Would it be possible for you to please show/tell me what kind of power supply you were using when you had this issue? That is, assuming you were using a power supply and not battery power. A picture of the decal showing the input/output would be really helpful - thank you!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group
  4. #4 by Spencer Larsen on 11-27-2017
    Tõnis,
    Not sure if you're still around fighting with your pedal, but I have created a space here to discuss issues with Harmony Singer 2. Please review it and reply there if you're still having issues with your pedal. Cheers!

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group