Need help choosing a TC-Helicon product

1. #1 by Steven Radford on 05-26-2017

Need help choosing a TC-Helicon product

Hello all,

I just discovered these products and was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction regarding which one to buy. Here is my situation:

I play bass guitar and sing in a pop punk band. I'd like to make use of the reverb, delay, EQ, compression, some harmony, and light pitch correcting capabilities of these products. I don't really have a need for all the extra stuff like loopers, wah-wah, vocoder, etc, but I'd like the sound quality to not sound cheap.

I was looking at the Mic Mechanic 2 and VoiceLive Play, but I'm wondering if there's a better suited option for a bassist/vocalist like me who doesn't need ALL of the bells and whistles that something like the VoiceLive 3 Extreme has.

Thanks
  2. #2 by Westsailor on 06-21-2017
    For the features you described you might want to look into finding a used TCH Harmony GTX. The Mic Mechanic does not offer harmonies and the Voicelive Play is likely too 'feature rich' for your needs.

I'm a bassist also and used a Harmony G (predecessor to GTX with no pitch correction) for years and was completely satisfied with it doing exactly what you describe. It's built 'mil spec' and, in my opinion, the 'tone' (Adaptive EQ, Compression, De-essing and Gating) is better than that of my new Voicelive Play.