Library and swappsies!

1. #1 by Elliot Foskett on 08-06-2014

Library and swappsies!

Hi

I guess a lot of people who have the voicelive 3 will have spent serious amounts of time building presets. Is there anywhere online that anyone is aware of where you can 'swap' presets with people? You can obviously save your presets as individual files, I just wondered if there was somewhere for us to upload our best ones and download some from other users?

I play in several bands and have spent a bit of time putting together tones and vocal presets, including steps etc, for lots of songs. Would be good to be able to share them.
  2. #2 by Craig Fraser on 08-06-2014

Hi Elliot,

Do you guys have the "attach file" option when you post? (I've got a mod post thingy so I have more options)

You could select the preset(s) you want to share and then attach them to a forum post with a short explanation of the name/song/components etc.

Cheers,

Craig
  3. #3 by VoiceLiveEditor on 08-06-2014
    Hi Elliot,

I recently added a preset download feature to my site. Boogsy recently sent me some INXS presets that I have uploaded.
    http://www.voiceliveeditor.com/index...tegory/19-inxs

Ian
  4. #4 by Elliot Foskett on 08-10-2014

Thanks Ian. I have quite a few that I can let you have if you want them, you can have a play and if you want you can make them available on your site.

For example:

The Kids Are Alright - The Who

America - Razorlight

By The Way - Red Hot Chilli Peppers

London Calling - The Clash

Up The Junction - Squeeze

and quite a lot more! I'm working my way through my function band set list at the moment so would be more than happy to send them all in when done if you find them good enough.

Elliot
  5. #5 by VoiceLiveEditor on 08-10-2014
    Hi Elliot Foskett.

Thanks for offering to share your vl3 presets, I would be glad to add them for people to browse and download.
    if you haven't already could register on www.voiceliveeditor.com. It makes it much easier to contact me direct so that you can send the preset syx files with any additional information relevant to the preset.
    I suspect you've seen how the look on the website.:

Just to give you an idea of the kind of information is needed, nothing special. The images I add, so purely the text, if you want to have your own Logo, this can be emailed over so that I can re-size it and add it.

It is not automated so I have to create them individually, so they can take a few days to get online.

I look forward to your presets, and once again Thank You for offering to share your hard work.

Ian

web-sample-preset.jpg
  6. #6 by Dave18623 on 09-26-2014
    There have been a few requests for me to upload some presets. Iím currently working on my entire cover band set list. Those are going to take some time and I will share when I can. But in the mean time I have some I did for recent projects. I will give them to Ian for upload at Voiceliveeditor.com as I make some final tweaks to them. So thatís where you will find them.
    The first preset Iím sending is Stranglehold by Ted Nugent. Iím including a Link at the bottom to soundclick so you can hear a clip of the patch in the ďStyleĒĚ of Mr. Nugent. It seems that every time I put up sound bites on a forum, people want to tear apart my playing. So hereís the disclaimer. I suck, I already know that. I DO NOT profess to be an awesome player. Iím not that Note for Note genius guy from Youtube or wherever. Iím just a garage hack trying to reasonably play someone elseís stuff and have some Friggin Fun.. OK?
    I like to simplify when I can so there are no Steps in this preset. I also do not sing this tune so I have no Idea whatís in the vocal patch!
    This Preset has 3 basic sounds. Ted plays alone until the drums enter at which point a second guitar kicks in. To simulate this I used Detune in the uMOD. On a side note make sure your guitar is in tune when you do this. In the Recording at 0:32 (and elsewhere) you will hear me set my wrist on the floating trem and the tuning goes south much more noticeably than without the detune. For all the lead work Iíve added a bit of Gain and Boosted the signal, then flavored it with some delay, leaving the detune in the mix. There is of course reverb in the Mix at all times. The Track I used has Marco Mendoza (Bass) singing on it. Marco appears on some live recordings not the original. That being the case Iíve tried to create a tone that is a cross between the live and recorded versions. Also keep in mind that Ted plays a Gibson Byrdland on this songÖ..he claims to own all of them. So good luck with that insane sustain he gets.
    I use the Preset like this. The Preset comes up with the uMOD ON. I turn it off and start the song. As the Drums come in I kick the uMOD back ON at 0:25. I use the Hit button for each Solo section (1:06 & 1:59). I do it this way so that the Hit button doesnít turn off the uMOD when I go back and forth. There might be a better way to do this. I just havenít sat down to really figure it out yet. (suggestions are welcome)
    I played this on an Ibanez RG 570 with the original V7& 8 Pickups and a full floating Floyd Rose. These pickups are pretty hot by nature so keep that in mind. I use the Bridge Pickup (V7) up until roughly 2:49 then I switch to the neck(V8).
    When I recorded it I went direct into a Yamaha O1V96 Digital Mixer (set flat) and into Reaper via Firewire. The Recording has NO EQ at all. You get the Raw track and guitar exactly the same as I hear in my IEMís . I monitored this with Westone dual driver custom molds. In my head this sounds pretty good, in your speakers with your guitar and hands it may not. Regardless you should be able to tweak this to your liking.

Now go get the preset and play some ďUncle Tedly Von Nugent BurgerĒĚ as he calls himself!
    http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...&q=hi&newref=1
  7. #7 by VoiceLiveEditor on 09-26-2014
    Hi Dave,

Thank you for kindly sharing your presets.

I Have uploaded your Ted Nugent Preset Here
    http://www.voiceliveeditor.com/index.../21-ted-nugent

And Have just uploaded your RUSH Presets Here
    http://www.voiceliveeditor.com/index...tegory/20-rush

Also you can Download Boogsy's INXS Presets Here
    http://www.voiceliveeditor.com/index...tegory/19-inxs

Dave and Boogsy have spent many hours crafting these presets, and have kindly shared their creations for other keen users to download and use or modify for their own use.

Thanks Guys,

Ian
  8. #8 by Dave18623 on 09-26-2014
    Here's the Scoop on the RUSH Presets.
    THANKS IAN for getting these up so fast!
    Rush
    2112- As preformed on All The Worlds A Stage (ATWAS)
    I. Overture
    II. The Temples of Syrinx
    III. Presentation
    IV. Soliloquy
    V. Grand Finale

Performance Notes:
    All Presets were designed to be played with Speaker Sim OFF through a Marshall 9200 Power Amp with a 4x12 Cab Loaded with Celestion GT 12-75ís. IMO this sounds good with the Speaker Sim On through the PA as well. Guitar used was Yamaha Ty Tabor Signature (RGX-TT) with a Duncan Jeff Beck in the Bridge and Vintage Rails in the Mid and Neck Positions.
    There is no Phaser in the VL3. Phaser is an essential part of Alexís tone. I did the best I could with what I had. Wah should be set to SMART WAH

Preset #1- Overture/ Temples of Syrinx
    Steps: None
    The Hit Button engages the Delay for the intro
    The Drive button is the boost for the solo
    The clean tone at the end Is achieved by rolling back the volume knob on the guitar.
    Ignore the vocal layer as I donít sing Rush

Preset #2 ó Presentation
    Steps: 6
    Step 1 is Clean, Step 2 is Dirty, the Steps progress along this way through the song
    Step 6: Use the Drive Button to boost for the outro Solo

Preset #3 ó Soliloquy
    Steps: 2
    Step 1 is Clean, Step 2 is Dirty with bit of a boost
    Use the Hit Button for the Solo (Brings in Delay and Boost)

Preset #4 ó Grand Finale
    Use the Hit Button for the Solo (Brings in Delay and Boost)
    Ignore the vocal layer as guess what?........... I donít sing Rush

Preset #5 ó Lakeside Park
    Steps: 2
    Step 1 is Crunchy / Dirty, Use the Drive Button to Boost for the Solo
    Step 2 is Clean
    Ignore the vocal layerÖÖ you know why

Preset #6 ó Workingman
    Use the Drive button to kick up the solos
    Ignore the vocal layerÖÖ you know why
  9. #9 by Boogsy on 09-27-2014
    THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!!

Operation Preset Sharing is GO!!

Nice one Dave - I can't wait to get stuck in to Nugent and Rush Wildman and Classic prog!! Cool.

Good on ya for putting the effort in to explain the fx/song parts, too!

I was gonna do that for the INXS presets, but mine are all in steps, and so are pretty self explanatory. Kick step... Play till next sound... Kick step. Repeat. Sometimes - when 10 steps isn't enough, like in the start of Need You Tonight - you gotta kick Hit to toggle fx.

I have the vocals set up for a backing vocalist.

Hey, with any luck some others will contribute too!

Ian has put so much work in to presenting them on his site. And into the free editor. The guy has really done some fine public service. Good on ya Ian! - the TCH world would have a huge hole in it without you.

Can't wait for the full editor

This preset sharing almost makes me wanna convert my 120 Soundgarden presets from gtx... Almost.
  10. #10 by Craig Fraser on 09-29-2014

Heya all,

Just a heads up that preset sharing and some sort of community is definitely on our radar. I'd suspect it won't be something we'd see until 2015, but the little hints I've had so far have been really encouraging. It's also super cool to see how excited you guys are about sharing sounds. I'll keep you posted (if I can) on any developments. If there's some sort of beta, I'll make sure to get everyone on board.

Cheers,
    Craig