pitch corrector questions

1. #11 by Fabio Quintal on 03-25-2016

I'm planning on purchasing the Voicetone Correct for karaoke. I host karaoke on a regular basis in various bars and want to help some singers. I have four wireless mics that I use on rotations basis (I clean each mic after a singer has finished, so each singer gets a clean mic). The mics have a single receiver box which I connect to the mixer. Each individual mic has it's own XLR output but it also has a single unbalanced 1/4" connector and this is usually what I use for connecting to the mixer. My question is, can I use an XLR to 1/4" adapter to connect the mics receiver single output to the input of the CORRECT? I'm guessing it won't help when two singers are singing a duet and that it can't correct both voices or if only one of them is out of tune (I guess I'll turn it off) but I would like to be able to use a single unit without having to use one unit per microphone or only have microphone connected. Will the XLR to 1/4 adapter keep the unit from working correctly?

2. #12 by Craig Fraser on 04-05-2016

Hi Fabio,

Yes you can, as long as you don't use two mics at a time for pitch correction. We can only process a monophonic signal. If you get hum/buzz going XLR to 1/4" due to the unbalancing, you can try a DI in between the two devices. It won't cause any damage to use the adapter cable. It just has a higher chance of being susceptible to noise.

Cheers,
    Craig
  3. #13 by Fabio Quintal on 04-05-2016

Thanks!...Yeah, I figure that was the issue with more than one mic. I will just turn it off when there is a need to use more than one mic.

-Fabio
  4. #14 by Cuyler Biller on 07-04-2016

Hi. Is there a way to disable the pitch correction in voicelive play? I sing a few songs that don't really need it.
  5. #15 by Craig Fraser on 07-05-2016

Hi Cuyler,

Yes. In the setup menu, change the Pitch Cor Amt to OFF. Then if you do need any pitch correction, you can use the HardTune block (with whatever style you want) in each individual preset.

Cheers,
    Craig
  6. #16 by Slava on 08-16-2016

Hi! I have a Create XT and im interesting for pith correction in this pedal. im download a new firmware and
    install it, but im not found this function(
  7. #17 by Craig Fraser on 08-18-2016

HI Slava,

Pitch correction on Correct XT is auto-chromatic and controlled via the Pitch button for on/off and Pitch knob for intensity. It can't give an Autotune type sound, because that's key/scale based, not chromatic.

Cheers,
    Craig
  8. #18 by Tobey R Belton on 11-02-2016

How do I hook the voicelive 2 for karaoke I have a ToneMatch from bose
  9. #19 by Glen Thornton on 08-12-2017

Can I quickly disable pitch correction

Hi,
    I have Play Acoustic and love it. the only problem I'm wrestling with is, in addition to playing acoustic and singing, I play harmonica. I would like to have a "HIT" or a quick way to disable correction while playing harmonica, and re-enable afterwards. Any ideas?
    thanks in advance.
    Glen T