Voice jam Studio and Yamaha AG 06 with Ipad 4 ,32 gb

1. #1 by sam_74176 on 04-23-2016

Voice jam Studio and Yamaha AG 06 with Ipad 4 ,32 gb

Hi am planning to buy Voice jam Studio and Yamaha AG 06 with Ipad 4 ,32 gb , is any one doing so , and how do i connect the AG 06 to the i pad ?? is it a good match ?? thanks in advance sam
  2. #2 by Craig Fraser on 04-27-2016
    Hi Sam,

Looking at the Yamaha, it seems like you'd probably need a camera connect kit to go from the back of the AG 06 into the iPad. Doing that, you could connect a mic to the mixer, then use it in the iPad. Alternatively, you can get a small dynamic mic adapter from TC-H that allows you to connect a mic and headphones to the headphone output on the iPad. it's a bit simpler.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/product...c-mic-adapter/

Cheers,
    Craig
  3. #3 by sam_74176 on 04-28-2016

Hi, Craig , Thanks for the reply ,My use for the VJS on the i pad , is more for live percussion looper n effects , in stereo from my mixer , my additional questions are :

1. there are ipad Audio devices that have a direct cable to the ipad lightening port, will the USB 2.0 to Lightening connector Via the Camera connector kit add latency compared to a audio sound card device with a direct to lightening port cable from it be faster with no latency ?

2. also what audio format does the App/ Ipad accept 24 Bit 192 Hz ?? ( considering Apple is expensive for RAM / per GB n 24 bit 192 Hz would be huge files.)

3.which would be the best non expensive Ipad , older ones like the 30 pin connector fast enough for to process Looping in real time live effects n also as a Vocal harmonizer in live mode , used together , with out any latency ..

4. will n Can the VJS and the Vocal harmonizer work together individually , together in real time ?? if so How ?

5. which older Ipads versions on wards do you suggest that will be fast enough for the VJS app to work without any latency .

6. How many effects per track does the VJS offer at a time, n , in real time with no latency .

7. By the way i also have the Voice live 2 , an amazing device , any new firmware updates for that in the near future ..

apologies for the blast of queries , would really appreciate individual answers numerically . and thanks sam
  4. #4 by sam_74176 on 04-28-2016

Lastly , does the VJS record in Mono or stereo in the ipad , or can you set it the way you want thanks sam
  5. #5 by Craig Fraser on 04-28-2016

Hi Sam,

I'll go through in order:

Yep, you can get an MFI equipped audio interface that will connect without a camera kit. I don't think the latency improves though, but I could be mistaken. I'm not an iOS expert by any means.
    Also not sure. I know that the app can support what the iPad can, but you'd have to check with either Apple or an interface manufacturer for that info.
    I recall that using an iPad 2 around the office for VJS was workable but it lacks a lot of the power needed to run multiple apps and inter-app audio. We are using Air 2's mostly during development if memory serves.
    You can use AudioBus to connect VJS or VoiceRack Effects to other apps. Each app will have to support both AudioBus and whatever functions you're looking to do.
    There's no audio device with no latency, but being in the latest generation or two definitely helps you run more things simultaneously.
    You can use the effects to record to any track, but they're recorded to the track. It's not like a plugin in a DAW where you can mess with things after the fact. It's for performance directly into the recording side. Like "printing to tape" in the old days. Filter effects and mix controls are done in real time after the recording.
    VoiceLive 2 is discontinued, so it's unlikely you'll see any updates in the future. Not 100% saying no, but a low chance.
    As far as I know, it always records in stereo.

Cheers,
    craig
  6. #6 by sam_74176 on 04-29-2016

1. Apologies for the storm of questions again , n , Thanks Craig for the Replies , also want to thank you for all the amazing Vids U made , specially the more complicated, midi controlling the VL 2 , effects switch on / Off in a midi file Via automation tracks , would appreciate more of this Vids, Please .. like switching to different presets and effects , selected Harmonies etc during a midi file , play back , or a link to any literature on this , how to get the midi CC controller Numbers to control more parameters of the VL 2 , and also,

2. specially sync to Midi of the master tempo , so the delay tap tempo of the VL 2 , automatically syncs to the master tempo of a midi file during play back , on the VL 2 . (P.S , I am A Cubase User ) . and if similar Midi sync can be done on Your Apps as well ?

3. RE : How many effects per track does the VJS offer at a time, n , in real time with no latency . You Replied :

You can use the effects to record to any track, but they're recorded to the track. It's not like a plugin in a DAW where you can mess with things after the fact. It's for performance directly into the recording side. Like "printing to tape" in the old days. Filter effects and mix controls are done in real time after the recording.

I really didn’t understand this , part of the above..

Objective , add Effx specially Delays and Reverbs , etc to the just looped tracks , after its recorded , in real time and as its playing back , or may be I am asking for too much

4. What happens when i buy your VJS app and the Vocal Harmonizer apps , and then change the ipad to another better one , later etc ?? do I have to buy the app again ?? or is there a way to transfer it to the new Ipad Hardware . ( Going to be a new apple User Just to Use the VJS )

Thanks again sam
  7. #7 by Matt Connell on 05-04-2016

Hi Sam, I'll leave Craig to answer the VL2 Q's, he's better equipped for that than myself.

As far as VJS you can sync to other midi source via the "virtual input". This works well when syncing with other apps and clocking to their midi, but I have not tried it from an external midi source(hardware) so I'll have to do some better digging there.

The FX in VJS only work in real time. They are applied to the input signal itself, they are hard printed to anything you record at that time, and can't be changed later.

Apps follow your iTunes account, which is all managed by apple. Our apps or anybody else's can easily follow you from device to device as they are tied to your apple ID.
  8. #8 by sam_74176 on 05-04-2016

Thanks Matt , hoping to hear from Craig soon thanks sm