VoiceSolo FX150 + in-ear personal monitor

1. #1 by Maciej Sas on 02-22-2016

VoiceSolo FX150 + in-ear personal monitor

Hello out there and greetings from Australia.

I'm planning on using FX150 as an effect processor and small monitor during our band's rehearsals, but during gigs I can't imagine performing without my in-ear monitor.

That is why FX150 will be used as a vocal effect processor during the gigs. As I understand, XLR OUT will be used to connect FX150 to the PA or mixing board, but is it possible for me to plug in my in-ear via THRU output?
    If it is, will the effect carry through the THRU output to my in-ear?

Cheers!

Matt
  2. #2 by Chris Cox on 11-17-2016

Hi Matt, did you ever find out the answer? I'm thinking exactly the same thing. Would be really good to be able to send the mix from the desk and the vocal mic to the in-ears and use the fx150 to balance them.

Chris
  3. #3 by Maciej Sas on 11-18-2016

Hi there Chris.

I've bought the hardware around a year ago, taking the leap of faith.

Unfortunately, I could not send the mix directly to the in - ear system, thus I've bought a small / cheap mixer and it seems to be doing the job perfectly.

Rehearsals - just in ear.

Concerts: mixer separates the signal, one goes to the sound engineer, the other to my in-ear. Nonetheless, I still have full control of my mix, both in - ear and in terms of effects applied on vocals during live shows (rock, metal music).

As for the quality, with in - ear, it makes a huge difference to be able to hear yourself in studio - like quality.

Bear in mind you will probably need a decent mic to achieve the desired sound. Shure SM 57 or 58 for vocals should do the job just fine.

Get in touch in case you needed more info.

Cheers,

Matt
  4. #4 by Chris Cox on 11-19-2016

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply. Shame, I was really hoping that the desk and vocal mix could be sent to the in-ear transmitter from the out allowing the mix to be controlled from the fx150. Would have cut down on cabling too. Out of interest which mixer did you go for?

Thanks,

Chris
  5. #5 by Maciej Sas on 11-19-2016

Sorry mate, excessive cabling is something you can't avoid in your situation.

I went for cheapest Behringer XENYX 502, seems to be doing fine as splitter, extremely durable as well.

Cheers,

Matt
  6. #6 by Stephan Keuneke on 05-16-2017

feature request: headphone out

... that looks like a good feature request to me: if they would simply add a headphone out -that kills the speaker- people could use it as you suggested, either directly connecting a headphone, or using that to feed a wireless unit.