VoiceLive Rack as AUX Send (Not hearing effects)

1. #1 by Scott Lucas on 12-28-2015

VoiceLive Rack as AUX Send (Not hearing effects)

Hello! I'm having some trouble using my VLR as an Aux Send in Reaper. Here's the important information:

PROBLEM: I'm trying to use the TC-Helicon VoiceLive as an AUX send effect. The VLR is receiving a signal and is outputting back to Reaper -- but the output audio is 100% Dry (no effects). Both the vocal track and the effects track sound exactly the same.

SETUP:
    Windows 7 PC
    Saffire Pro 40
    Reaper (latest)
    TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack (w/ latest firmware)

HARDWARE:
    Saffire OUTPUT CH3 -> VoiceLive LINE-IN
    VoiceLive OUTOUT XLR-L & XLR-R -> Saffire INPUT CH3 & CH4

The I/O SETUP menu on the VLR looks like this:
    IN GAIN: 15db PHANTOM: Off AUX LEVEL: 0db OUTPUT: Stereo
    DIGITAL IN: USB: VOX L / INST R DIGITAL OUT: Full Mix
    LEAD MUTE: On LEAD DLY: Auto OUTPUT LEVEL RANGE: Line

SOFTWARE:
    In Reaper I have a dry pre-recorded vocal track (Name: VOX) and a track for the VoiceLive (Name: VLRFX).

VOX is sent to VLRFX Pre-Fader.

I added a Saffire Line-3 "Hardware Output" to VLRFX (pre-fader).
    VLRFX Input it set to Saffire CH3 and Saffire CH4.

Thanks for any help!

2. #2 by Scott Lucas on 01-16-2016

Received help from the Reaper forums. Here's the solution, for anyone else wondering how to route in Reaper:

"remove the hardware send altogether, and drop ReaInsert on the VLRFX track so Reaper can compensate for latency."
  3. #3 by Jack Delange on 07-22-2017

dry sound return fixed

I had the same, couldn't figure it out. Linie in- Line out stereo buses. Then i updated with the newest Voicelive Support 2 to the latest firmware, and did a factory reset which did not seem to work LoL (pressing umod, delay, reverb, tone for 2 minutes seems nearly impossible). But it works, though there seems to be a slight about 1 db difference in the LR balance. J