Play Electric Freezing and audio pops when connecting guitar

1. #1 by Aaron Short on 11-16-2015

Play Electric Freezing and audio pops when connecting guitar

Hi,

I just got a Play Electric and installed the latest firmware but it seems to be freezing up. It freezes on a screen and makes audio pops and it seems to be happening when the guitar is plugged in. Everything works fine with my Play Acoustic unit. Has anyone experienced this and do you know of a fix for it?
  2. #2 by Branislav Đerković on 11-19-2015

Hi Craig, I have a problem. My play electric is starting up, and after 2-3 minutes plays some strange noise and freezes. I tried it for the first time and was happy about my new gear but it worked fine just half an hour. I live in Serbia so I can not return it. I am desperate, what should I do?
  3. #3 by Aaron Short on 11-20-2015
    I had this problem. Seemed to be when I connected the guitar. I sent it back for another unit and all is good now.
  4. #4 by Branislav Đerković on 11-20-2015

Thanks Aaron. Same situation with mine unit, but my nearest service is not so near. (
  5. #5 by McKenzie Rhodes on 02-02-2016

I'm having the same issues. Is there a solution to this problem yet? I've had a very frustrating evening trying to fix it with no luck.
  6. #6 by Ryan King535895 on 02-03-2016

I'm having the same issue I'm on my second one!!! and it does the same thing randomly popping and cracking then goes into freezing up same with last unit and so far not impressed .this is complete trash.. IS THERE A FIX FOR THIS OR what????????
  7. #7 by Bob M on 02-06-2016

I was thinking about buying one of these. This is disheartening to hear. Can you reset it to factory defaults? Reload the software? Good luck. Have you contacted support directly?
  8. #8 by John Carlo on 02-17-2016

I bought the TC Helicon play electric vocal harmonizer last week from GAK, and it did exactly as described above, it was on for a few minutes and then crackled and froze, no buttons would work, so I pulled out the transformer, re-connected and all was fine for another few minutes when it done the same again, I returned it to GAK and they sent me a replacement unit, it lasted about half an hour and done the same as the first one, I'm now going to take it back for a refund, I'm now going to look at the Digitech range because my old on, the Vocalist two is still working after about 18 years.
  9. #9 by Bob M on 02-22-2016

That doesn't give much confidence for using it live!
  10. #10 by John Carlo on 02-22-2016

Hi Bob, I'm now looking at the Digitech live harmony vocal processor at 147 I haven't tried it yet, but the youtube videos look quiet impressive, also the Digitech vocalist live 5 at 239, but that one is rather a large unit, unfortunately my old Digitech works from Midi rather than following your guitar chords so it's not a live unit otherwise I would have stuck with that, I'm surprised TC Hellicon haven't recalled their units and rectified the fault.