VL3 can't receive and send Tempo via MIDI ?

1. #1 by Randolf Arriola on 02-16-2014

VL3 can't receive and send Tempo via MIDI ?

I'm in the midst of fine tuning my VL3 to take over my VL2 unit on my pedalboard. Previously on VL2 was able to receive tempo information via MIDI IN and would assign my Delays and Reverbs Source Time tab to MIDI. Doing this enables me the functionality of performing a tap tempo on my chain of Eventide pedals to all switch their respective time divisions and delay mixes and also send to VL2 which has it's own Delays and time division settings and also via the VL2's MIDI out was able to send out the tempo to other devices. This is a very useful and important functionality for me.

Please please include this MIDI functionality. Thanks.

R

2. #2 by Craig Fraser on 02-17-2014

Hi Randolf,

That's correct, VL3 can't slave to MIDI. It's something that we might add in the future, but with all the advanced looper functions and integration between the system clock and the three layers, it'll be something we have to carefully work on to ensure it works across the entire unit. So, I just don't know if it's something we'll be able to dedicate the development time to or not. Hopefully though!

Cheers,
    Craig
  3. #3 by Randolf Arriola on 02-17-2014

Thanks for the reply Craig. Oh no! Yikes! It would be much appreciated if TC reconsidered the importance of including this most basic of MIDI syncing capabilities to allow users to integrate the use of the VL3 with other devices in both studio and live situations. It was a breeze with the VL2 and now with the exciting major advancement on VL3 the omission of MIDI Syncing is to me a step back in this basic functionality. Please reconsider this Craig. Thanks.

R
  4. #4 by Randolf Arriola on 02-17-2014
    This is Oopah Loopah my solo live looping rig that uses the VL2 that is MIDI synced with the Eventides allowing a simple use of the Tap Tempo (Grey Box with 3 Buttons) that triggers the Eventide Time Factor and sends down the midi chain finally ending with the VL2 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
  5. #5 by Peter Franz Muc on 03-02-2014

Hi

I am trying to set up my ipad to VL3 via midi to receive Midi clock signal - without success.

Preset change is working but it is very helpfull to get the right tempo from external device!

Now I'm reading in this post it is not possible with VL3!?

Please add this in future firmware update. Very import feature that was already there in my VL2.

Best Regards

Peter
  6. #6 by Randolf Arriola on 03-04-2014

It's a real bummer for me that VL2 had that basic ability to receive and send out Midi Clock Tempo and now that VL3 is here it doesn't have it. Please include this back on VL3.
  7. #7 by Mariano on 03-22-2014

yes, i have VLT 2 and can slave tempo via midi, now i get the voicelive 3 and is a big disappointment since i really need this in my set up... mostly as a master sync.

8. #8 by mikebarbett on 11-20-2014

Totally agree, please include this back on VL3
  9. #9 by Craig Fraser on 11-20-2014

Heya,

If/when we include MIDI Tempo on VL3 it will be as a slave only. Just to make sure expectations are in line with what we can do.

Cheers,
    Craig
  10. #10 by Randolf Arriola on 11-24-2014

Thanks Craig i look for ward to the update asap but why slave only?