Expression Pedal for VL3

1. #1 by Ian Ramsden on 01-27-2014

Expression Pedal for VL3

What expression pedals work with VL3?

will a Yamaha FC7 Volume Control Pedal do the trick?

Thanks!
  2. #2 by Craig Fraser on 01-28-2014

Hi Melvin,

You should be able to use almost any expression or volume pedal. (TS or TRS) We've got a few around the office and haven't had any issues with them. I don't know specifically about the FC7, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Cheers,

Craig
  3. #3 by Greg Gibbs425182 on 01-28-2014

Craig,

My Expression Pedal calibration showed up once randomly, but is no longer in my SETUP tabs. Any Clue what's up? Can get any expression pedal to work.

Greg
  4. #4 by Melvin Pribble on 01-29-2014

Thanks Craig!! My VL3 should arrive today, giddy!!
  5. #5 by Melvin Pribble on 01-29-2014

I would love to see a video on some of the uses of an expression pedal for vocals, I love the way the stutter and rhythmic can be adjusted on the fly on the VLtouch 2 and I am hoping this can be achieved with an expression pedal on VL3.
  6. #6 by Louie Dettor on 01-30-2014

Expression pedal calibration is no longer in my SETUP tabs either. Cannot calibrate.

The "calibration" option simply does not exist as it should according to the English release of the full instructions.

confuseddog.jpeg
  7. #7 by Greg Gibbs425182 on 01-30-2014

Louie,

Ian responded in another post where I have this problem. The manual seems to be wrong. Try this:

"Hi Guys,

On VoiceLive 3, if you press and hold the Vocal Button down, the screen should display to Pedal Calibration. Then follow the on screen instructions.

Hope that helps

Ian"
  8. #8 by The 3 Nuges on 01-30-2014

FWIW, my Morley PRO Series II pedal works fine with the VL3, at least as a volume control, anyway. I haven't tried it with other parameters. Set up went just like the manual states. My pedal is a bit overly sensitive, so I dialed it back to 30 min and 100 max as a compromise. Setting it up this way doesn't allow it to cut the audio off completely, but it's close enough to do decent volume swells, so I'm a happy guy.
  9. #9 by Greg Gibbs425182 on 01-30-2014
    Yeah, it seems like there are a few versions of the firmware (or possibly the manual) floating around. My Voicelive is missing an expression pedal calibration tab under the SETUP menu, but it comes up when I hold down the vocal button
  10. #10 by Janne Koskela on 01-31-2014

Hi! Has anybody tried the thing with Boss FV500H volume pedal yet?