iNSPIRE remote control app enhancement requests

1. #1 by Freddie Garcia on 10-01-2016

iNSPIRE remote control app enhancement requests

I really like the iNSPIRE line up. They have nice features and are excellent bang for the buck compared to the rest of the competition in their class.

The bluetooth remote control app is handy. There is a numerical value indicator on the output volume within the app. I just wish there were also a numerical value indicator on the rest of the parameters like displayed on the LCD display of the speaker. I like to remotely know exactly what value the settings are set to, not just a raw graphic meter or EQ representation. For now, I have to view the LCD display on the speakers themselves to confirm the exact settings.

It would also be nice to remotely see when the speakers are reaching output limiting (maximum SPL). It would be nice to have a visual indication to show when you are close to limiting instead of waiting to listen for distortion so you don't push the speakers too hard. From what I can tell on the main screen on the LCD display, the LED bars on the right that go up when the sound volume increases are main input levels not output levels.

As previously requested from others, an android app would also be very nice to have. I have an ipad mini so it's not absolutely needed in my case, but most people use android like my phone and it would be a really handy option to control from an android phone.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add these features but I just wanted to give my 2 cents. I'm loving my IP2000s with the official speaker covers.
  2. #2 by Freddie Garcia on 11-20-2017
    Well, they've updated the Turbo Control remote ios app to be compatible with the iP3000. Unfortunately in my opinion they made part of the app now even worse. It's difficult to see precisely what your fader positions are set at. It takes a long swipe to move the visual fader a very small amount which makes it very annoying to tell accurately how far you are to the minimum or maximum position. I really wish they would include the same numerical values that are displayed on the speaker LCD display screen (they include numerical values on the XAir and X32 remote apps). It at least use to be displayed on the volume fader, but they have now removed that with the updated app. Being able to see the exact numerical values ensures I can tell remotely if the system is set up exactly how I want without having to go to each speaker to see the precise setting.

Also, I'm thinking now that it's probably not technically possible without hardware changes to include a visual of when the speakers limit on output. Right now I only see input signal meters. There are no output meters on the remote app or on the speaker LCD display screen. That's unfortunate. It would be really helpful to also see when you are close to maxing the output of the speaker.