Turbosound iq 15 Firmware Update 1.9

1. #1 by John Ormerod on 09-23-2016

Turbosound iq 15 Firmware Update 1.9

Hi, I've just bought a couple of IQ 15's to complement my x32. The firmware shows them to be at 1.7 the latest on the web site being 1.9.

I've tried to update the firmware via usb on 2 different pc's running windows 7.1 and 10 without success.

I had to disable AVIRA antivirus as it kept wanting to move the files to quarantine.

When I execute the TSusbupdate 1.9 or the TSModelset a command Prompt window flashes open and then closes quickly and nothing else happens.

I know the usb connection to each speaker is working as I am able to utilise the Turbosound Modelling Software.

Can anyone advise what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.
  2. #2 by Onno Rietveld on 09-24-2016
    Did you try to start them "Run as administator?" (right mouse button).

Regards, Onno
  3. #3 by Robert Lofgren on 09-24-2016
    Also, preferably run it in a cmd-window.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  4. #4 by Tim Cullingworth on 09-25-2016
    Hi,

I have been having the same problem. I have tried o windows 10 and vista.

I have used a CMD window and when I use TSModelset I do get a message back about not being able to find a suitable device. I will have to wait till later to get the exact message.

The other thin is that I did not seem to be able to find a change log or anything about what this update has improved.
  5. #5 by John Ormerod on 09-25-2016

Updating Firmware iq range

Hi Guys thanks for the replies so far. Yes I've tried it as administrator. Not sure how to run the exe via a command prompt window if that's possible.

It begs the question has anyone successfully update the firmware too 1.9 on the iq range?

John
  6. #6 by Onno Rietveld on 09-25-2016
    I just did one iQ8 update to 1.9. Do not forget to power on the speaker with the Setup button pressed. You will get the message "Turbosound USB updater" on the iQ, then start the programm on your PC to upload.

Is there a change log for this update? I did not found it in the dowloaded files.

Regards, Onno
  7. #7 by Tim Cullingworth on 09-25-2016
    Sorry what is this about Pressing the setup button while powering up. How come this isn't in any documentation?
  8. #8 by Tim Cullingworth on 09-25-2016
    Pressing the setup button while turning the IQ on worked.

I would still like to see a change log as I can't see any difference.
  9. #9 by John Ormerod on 09-26-2016
    Thanks Onno for your input.

I'll try your suggestion ASAP and get back to you all on whether it was successful.

John
  10. #10 by Robert Lofgren on 09-26-2016
    Here are the fixes in v1.9:

Improved ULTRANET stability
    Bug fix on low temperature behavior (below zero degrees)
    Support additional TS products (upcoming models)

__________________________________________________ _______________________

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator