Rackmount Ears for XR18???

1. #91 by Paul Vannatto on 12-29-2017
    - Sam Churchill wrote View Post
    Did anyone get back to you with the details needed to make a version for the XR16? If not, please let me know and I'll find the measurements as we need some of these (complete with D style cut-outs please!).
    Hi Sam,

I checked my files before coming to work and I don't have any XR16 designs, which means that no one provided the details. If you could provide those details (eg. mounting screws distance (centre to centre), height of ear, details of the D style cut-outs, etc.), I'll be glad to provide print files.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  2. #92 by Sam Churchill on 12-31-2017
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Sam,

I checked my files before coming to work and I don't have any XR16 designs, which means that no one provided the details. If you could provide those details (eg. mounting screws distance (centre to centre), height of ear, details of the D style cut-outs, etc.), I'll be glad to provide print files.
    Thanks Paul. It was going to be a few days before I was going to be able to take the measurements so I thought I'd look online or CAD drawings - it looks like the ears for the XR16 and XR18 are the same! Certainly the dimensions of the 2 units are the same according to the manual and http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/5172...65-00001-04078 would seem to indicate that they're interchangeable - I'll look back through this thread and find the link to your XR18 file with cut-outs.

Thanks again,

Sam
  3. #93 by Federico Canuti on 05-08-2018
    Hello to everyone, I just donwloaded the "XR18-Rack-Ear_R3-40D-50H.zip" file, could you please tell me how much it is recessed from the standard ears, and what is the best material to print it, considering strength and durability?
  4. #94 by Paul Vannatto on 05-08-2018
    Hi Federico,

Those rack ears are recessed 40mm (4cm), and also has a 50mm hole. Is that what you want? The standard PLA or PLA+ seems to work fine as long as it isn't in direct, hot sunlight. I printed off a pair for a friend in Germany and he reported that after being in his hot (summer) car in direct sunlight, the ears distorted a bit. But when he brought it into the house, it returned to its original shape after awhile. Another good material would be PETG or if you can afford it carbon fibre.

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #95 by Federico Canuti on 05-08-2018
    Thank you very much, you have been very kind to provide this design.
  6. #96 by Jeff Green on 05-09-2018

Thank you!!!!

Paul,

This just saved me a ton of work, Thank You! I am incorporating a 4 headphone distribution amp into the ears and a couple of D holes for other things to come through. This was a perfect starting point. I'll post a pic when it is done....

Thanks again!

Jeff
  7. #97 by Paul Vannatto on 05-10-2018
    You are most welcome Jeff. Glad it was a help to your project. If you need a specialized design, let me know.

Paul Vannatto
  8. #98 by Dave Meadowcroft on 05-11-2018
    - Sam Churchill wrote View Post
    it looks like the ears for the XR16 and XR18 are the same! Certainly the dimensions of the 2 units are the same according to the manual and http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/5172...65-00001-04078 would seem to indicate that they're interchangeable
    I can confirm, they are exactly the same size and so are interchangeable.