DL-231 Setup

1. #11 by Jimmy Valenza on 04-05-2016

DL-231 Setup

Wow that sounds simple, the manual is very poor, did it take you a while to get it figured out? I will work on this later PM and let you know, have you tried it with the internal clock yet?
  2. #12 by Jimmy Valenza on 04-05-2016

DL-231 Setup

Thanks Chris will play with it!!!!
  3. #13 by Chris LaRocque on 04-05-2016
    I can't take credit for it... It was puzzling me as the information is so vague in the literature. I reached out to James at MIDAS because I wanted to confirm if it could indeed be done. That was his reply. I don't have a 231 so I can't confirm or deny if it will work, but suspect it will. Good luck.
  4. #14 by Jimmy Valenza on 04-07-2016

DL-231 Setup

Alright People, Here is the deal, James benched a system and got me up and running, The DL231 WILL DO 96k and 48k sample rates, setup is as follows- menu 1. Mic splitter ID to 1 2. AES50 Sync A: is Sync from A- AES50 Sync B is set to B (was the problem) 3. Output Source set to B input 6. Sample Rate to 96k/48k.........Pro2 is set as normal Sync: FOH word clock/Internal M32 set to Internal clock (was set to AES50 A)......... if you use a Pro to Pro console just change the Sample rate from 96k/48k to 96k/96k or M32 to M32 is set to 48k/48k with no need to change any other settings!!! This is the Shit and works super.............. Thanks James and All at Midas Care, you are why I will only use Midas Consoles!!!! And to my Bro Kyle Bryan Chirnside Thank you for everything!

Last edited by Jimmy Valenza; 1 Week Ago at 05:46 PM.
  5. #15 by Gary Higgins on 04-07-2016
    Thanks for clearing this up! How would someone ever see that from the manual! Or apparently even from pushing the buttons! I guess the lucky ones! (and the persistent ones like yourself) The M32 has no way to use the redundant port, correct? Also, how about the outputs are they available to both? In other words can one mixer use outs 1-8, the other 9-24 or similar if you so desired?
  6. #16 by Jimmy Valenza on 04-07-2016

DL-231 Setup

I have this setup up and running great, I am using the pPro2c at FOH and for this setup using a X32 Core w/DL251 for Mons, As far as output, You can only have one of the consoles to use the 24 outputs on the DL231 at one time.........not both, would like to be able to run it this way, oh well maybe in future!!
  7. #17 by Peter Visscher on 1 Week Ago
    Hello Jimmy.

I’m curios if this setup still works in 2017, because we make the same setup and we get crackling sound. Depending which unit, we power on first the crackling sound is harder or less.

Our setup is two DL-231 and one M32 or sometimes a X32 with a Pro 2
    We think there is something wrong with clock, or maybe this happens after a couple of software updates

Last edited by Peter Visscher; 1 Week Ago at 01:14 AM.
    Greeting Peter Visscher
    Sorry for my bad English, Bud im from Holland
  8. #18 by Peter Visscher on 1 Week Ago
    Hello.

We find out what went wrong, one of the two DL231 have a problem on channel 17 till 24.
    When we use only channel 1 till 16 it is all right, but when we use a channel in the range 17 till 24 we get the crackling sound over all the channels

A strange thing is, that this is on one site. In the live situation the FOH mixer on 96Khz have no problem, but only the M32/ X32 on 48Khz have a problem. This happens also in a standalone situation so only with the M32 and the DL-231 as Stage box.

So, we send back the DL-231 for repair, and we hope they can find the problem.

Greeting Peter Visscher
    Sorry for my bad English, Bud im from Holland
  9. #19 by Jimmy Valenza on 1 Week Ago

DL-231 Setup

I use 2 DL231's and have been using for a while and have had not one problem, these units are bullet proof................ still running in 2018