FBQ1000 Functionality Query

1. #1 by Robert Andrew Brown on 02-07-2016

FBQ1000 Functionality Query

Dear Experts
    I have been using my FBQ1000 in Parametric EQ mode to notch out the frequency I get most feedback from at my venue.
    I had expected Parametic operating mode "PA" to be manual - but the feedback destroyer function still seemed to kick in and throttle back other frequencies. I had saved PA mode (& the frequency to use) into a preset but the auto feedback destroy function always seems to be on.
    Is it possible to run the unit just as a manual parametric equaliser without any additional automatic feedback destroying?

Many thanks
  2. #2 by Arnoud van Laer on 02-09-2016

FBQ1000 PA settings and MIDI control

I have recently found a way to add the MIDI functionality to my FBQ1000.

I have found the free opensource REW program, http://www.roomeqwizard.com/ whitch is able to control the FBQ1000 (DSP1124p old name same device) by MIDI.

Now I have a method to measure the room resonance, adjust the eq parameters and flush it in the FBQ1000. It is working realy nice!!! In live situation I have not test it yet, but the working at my studio is prommising. This solution is a much better one than adjust the settings on the front panel of the FBQ1000.
  3. #3 by Robert Andrew Brown on 02-12-2016

Fbq1000

HI Arnoud
    Thank you for those details. It sounds an excellent way to initially set up the unit (rather than using the front panel). I will try it

But Im worried that the automatic feedback destroy function in the FBQ1000 will override those settings made by the REW program - even though I have set the unit to "PA" parametric EQ mode.

Any ideas please?
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 02-12-2016
    - Arnoud van Laer wrote View Post
    I have recently found a way to add the MIDI functionality to my FBQ1000.

I have found the free opensource REW program, http://www.roomeqwizard.com/ whitch is able to control the FBQ1000 (DSP1124p old name same device) by MIDI.

Now I have a method to measure the room resonance, adjust the eq parameters and flush it in the FBQ1000. It is working realy nice!!! In live situation I have not test it yet, but the working at my studio is prommising. This solution is a much better one than adjust the settings on the front panel of the FBQ1000.
    That seems to be a great find Arnoud. One correction though, this app is free but not open source (see EULA http://www.roomeqwizard.com/eula.html). If it was, one of us could probably figure out how to interface this with the X32 and X-Air digital consoles via OSC using UDP.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by Issam Chabaa on 02-13-2018

Filters response time ?

Hi, sorry to barge in, I can't find out how to start a new thread so I'll try this one, with all due respect.

Now, I've read "ultrafast" response in the device description, but mine still needs around 2 sec to kill the feedback. It's not what I expected as 2 secondes of screaming speakers is way too long to be of any help.
    Anybody knows how to reduce the reaction time ?

The FBQ1000 is inserted between the console main out and the amps, the filter set to #3

Tx a bunch